Monday, June 28, 2010

A New Face - Rabbit


There are a lot of works in progress right now, but it's just too hard to resist making a new face!  This is one character that I actually intended to create from the start.  I had been thinking that I wanted to try making a rabbit.  While daydreaming, I had made a few rough sketches of my idea.  These were just on bits of scrap paper and post-it notes.  Finally, one day, I just went at it. 

The ears have been added just this week, so I figured Rabbit was ready to make its debut.  Up to this point, I haven't been using any rabbit photos for reference, so it won't be the most accurate interpretation.  Even so, I think it is already giving off the impression of what a "rabbit" would be.  

In my sketches, I imagined Rabbit would be very solemn, sweet and dainty.  Its paws would be outstretched, gently offering a patchwork heart.  Now that it's coming along, I think it may turn out to be a bit more playful.  

It doesn't even have feet yet, but it looks like it wants to dance! :-)

1 comment:

  1. Yes it does look like he wants to dance! (or she maybe!!!) I can't wait to see the progress..
    Thanks so much for coming my way, and buying so many tickets... I so appreciate your kindness.
    Lovely to 'meet' you
    Abi x

    ReplyDelete